Chapter 18-20 Questions
- Who does Miss Pross feel would have been better bridegroom? What clue have you learned here?
Pross thinks her brother Solomon would be a better bridegroom. Miss Pross dislikes Darnay.
- Why does Dr. Manette go into a trance for nine days?
is worried and upset about Lucy’s marriage to Darnay and his connection to the Marquis.
- Why do Lorry and Manette speak of the shoemaker in third person?
shoemaker is his double personality and he wants to rid this personality.
- What advice does Lorry give Manette about maintaining the shoe materials?
tells Manette to destroy them.
- How do Lorry and Miss Pross eradicate the shoe materials?
hack the bench to pieces, burn the bench, and burry the leather and shoe making materials.
- What two requests does Carton have of Darnay?
asks if they can be friends and forgive each other.
- What does Lucie tell Darnay about Carton?
tells Darnay that Carton is a deeply wounded person and he needs compassion.